Monday, April 28, 2014

Day 13 - I Love You Guys (I mean gals!)

It was hard to hit the send button yesterday. Honestly, I wasn't in an overly sad or melancholy place ... I was just "feeling," which I hate to do, unless I'm HAPPY.

I think it was also hard because I shared some embarrassing stuff; you know the stuff about the romance novels, the stuff about having such an obsessive/compulsive mind. I want to "appear" together (I want to feel together too but mostly I know feeling embarrassed is about being worried how others -- you -- will judge me).

But alas that's when the magic happens. I open myself up to the universe and what do I get back? Lots and lots of love and affirmation. A few comments that tickled me and warmed my heart:
  • "Keep it up and don't stop before the miracle happens."
  •  "I'm proud of you for sharing it and proud that you are tackling it head on. And its ok to have a day that you take a break from being brave and strong :)  Just get up the next day stronger."
  •  "It's easy for a person from the outside to say that you have so many things, about you, that are awesome. This is your journey to believe this is true."
  •  "And girrrrlllllll I would've never ever thought you were 47." (This person said a bunch of other cool, nice stuff but being the egomaniac I am, that was my favorite line :-)
  • "Even the hard days are inspiring! Sending love."
  • "I keep reading, my friend. Hang in there."   
  • "I wanted to suggest that when those negative comments enter your head, try to honor them with love and then gently let them go, instead of berating yourself for feeling them and for not being "better." The negative self-talk was developed early in life as a defense mechanism, maybe to keep you from expecting better thoughts and love from other people. (I don't know, or else I'm full of shit.) Anyway, they no longer serve you now, so maybe try gently thanking them for help in the past and telling yourself/your younger self who "needs" the negative self talk, that it's no longer necessary."
  • Do not quit!!!!! I know you aren't doing this to get accolades or atta boys, but it is important for all of those "I love myselfs" to be followed up with a few "we love you's" from the important people in your life."
My heart is full. Thank you, thank you, thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment